According to the latest report into gambling in Ireland, there are estimated to be between 28,000 and 40,000 people who suffer from a gambling disorder. ProblemGambling.ie provides phone/email support and harm-prevention workshops on a part-time basis.
Gambling Therapy is a UK-based, free online service that provides advice and support to people affected by problem gambling, who love outside of the UK. It is part of the Gordon Moody Association, which is one of the UK’s leading gambling addiction treatment providers.
The site provides emails supports, a web-forum and online support groups.
A Gambling Therapy app is also available on iOS and Android. Key features of the app are:
self assessment questionnaire
• text based live support
• mindfulness and self help exercises
• crisis support information
• daily motivational quotes
• links to blocking software
• directory of organisations that can help
• access to the GT online forums